Thursday, September 25, 2014

Because I'm happy

He had a skip in his walk and a smile on his face. He was brimming with radiance and spreading his positive vibes around.
He picked up a bouquet from the road side florist and left the change as tip.
This was so unlike him; He was always worried, always tensed, saving every single penny, complaining about everything in life: the weather, the politics, the driver ahead. He was nagging and cribbing and frustrated.
But not today; today he was different.
He rang the doorbell and his wife opened the door. She was surprised, partly because he was home early and partly to receive her first bouquet in last 5 years of marriage. "What's the occasion?"
"I quit my job"
"WHAT? You quit your job? Without a new one in hand? You did not even discuss this with me. The rent is overdue, there are unpaid bills and we no longer have a steady income. Why are you grinning?"
"Because I'm happy"

7 comments: